
This past Saturday, I went fishing at Montebello which is a fishing and camping resort located in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Montebello was probably about an hour and forty minutes away from Richmond and its a pretty laid back spot. I also got a chance to see their fish hatchery which are used to raised rainbow trout and the hatchery is enormous. When the rainbow trout are fully grown they are taken out of the hatchery and used to stock the pond which visitors to Montebello are able to fish from. Fishing is free but the catch to that is that you have to pay for all the fish you catch by the pound and you cannot release any fish back into the pond once they are caught. I got there about 3'ish in the afternoon expecting to catch tons of fish but to my surprise I caught only one in a three hour span. The little kids all around me were pulling trout out of the pond by the truckload and I could only watch. But the trout I had caught was about two pounds and when the hook caught, it was deep inside of the fish. I tried my best to get the hook out from inside the fish but it was no use, the fish ended up dying a painful death in my hands.
I love fishing not only for its subtle cat and mouse game but the skill that is rarely noticed to have require someone to have in a game of hit and miss this is a difficult but rewarding game where the stakes are high and the fun even higher. My family used to say the difference between fishing and and catching fish is that one we don't like to do and the other is actually fishing. Paying for the fish isn't bad or unheard of as long as you catch at the minimum of a fish or else your paying for a visit to see the persons pond or lawn which is unheard of. I have "gone fishing" also the movie was good but anyway the land i use the fish on with family was and not seen in awhile still very pretty. we had funny a very diverse family with such a range of people that boredom is/and/or will never be a problem.
ReplyDelete